Full-time - Encinitas, CA
Metajive is looking for an experienced COO/CFO
We are looking for an experienced leader with a track record of identifying and solving strategic challenges while driving revenue growth and profitability.
As COO/CFO, you will report directly to the CEO and business owners. You will have the opportunity to work on transformational projects for this fast-growing organization that will help improve the efficiency and effectiveness, guiding the growth and processes of the business. To be a successful candidate you will shape the big picture for the agency through forecasting, planning and execution of strategies that achieve measurable financial results and key metrics of the company. You are someone with a strong POV, be a clear communicator and maintain a presence in the organization as a strong leader. Experience growing and scaling teams, across all parts of the organization and will oversee IT, HR, legal and finance.
- Partners with other senior leadership, the board and the CEO in setting, and implementing strategic goals and plans for the organization.
- Provide strategic guidance for new and current business ventures and operations, ensuring that our people, processes, and systems are scalable for long-term growth.
- Manage HR function including compensation plans and benefits
- Develop and manage resources required to operate the organization
- Implement systems and process that promote teamwork, partnership, recognition, mutual respect, performance feedback and management, and employee development
- Oversees human resources, benefits selection and administration, and professional development plans for the team
- Act as a change agent in the business, driving changes across the organization to create efficiencies and maximize performance and success
- Define KPIs and company metrics with senior leadership
- Implement KPI’S and trackable metrics reporting for senior leadership and board of directors
Forecasting & Budgeting
- Responsible for budget and forecasting including variance and performance measurement analysis
- Perform scenario modeling and cost benefit analysis
- Implement and budget systems and processes
- Cash forecasting and modeling
- Responsible for timely month end, and year-end financial statement close
- Manage Accounts payable, accounts receivable, fixed assets ledgers and balance sheet account reconciliations
- Responsible for Federal, State and Local Tax Prep and tax planning
- Responsible for Business, Property tax, and other regulatory filings etc.
- Manage company T&E systems, policies and procedures
- Banking and credit relationships with financial institutions
- Insurance and risk management
- Management of vendors and contract management
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
MBA/ CPA preferred, BS/BA required with a degree in finance, or accounting with at least 15 years of progressively evolving management and team leadership in rapidly growing digital marketing or technology-based organization.
- Strong accounting, financial management and financial analysis skills
- Ability to create, manage, interpret, and present financial analysis, forecasting and resource management
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong managerial and leadership skills with ability to manage and develop high-performing teams
- Ability to prioritize workload and function effectively within and outside the office in a cross-cultural, interdisciplinary environment
- Ability to work under pressure to complete multiple tasks, meet demands and deadlines with a positive, constructive attitude
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential matters and respond as required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel
- Accounting, budgeting, and other financial systems and expense tracking platform experience with Quickbooks Pro, Harvest and our project management suite.
- Understanding of legal language in all types of business contracts and risk assessment
- Ability to manage a heavy workload and perform effectively managing numerous significant responsibilities and challenges with competing priorities.
- Knowledge of US GAAP based accounting standards and consolidated financial reporting
- Background in strategy and business planning with the proven ability to develop and manage business plans, processes and controls to enhance efficiencies and mitigate risk
- Demonstrate proven ability in organizational development, information technology, business transformation, fundraising, project management, asset and property management
- Proficient in understanding tax compliance and planning concepts and filings.
- Track record of building and developing strong teams
- Thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Sense of urgency: nothing in the universe will get in the way of delivering your goals
- Excellent communication and people skills - numbers are key, but a business is built with people. Relationship building and adept communication are assets in our fast-moving environment
- Solution oriented, Data-driven mindset
- Ability to travel nationally to support our core markets
If interested, please send a message to email@example.com