Senior UX Designer
Senior UX Designer
Full-Time - Encinitas, CA
Are you great at creating something that people actually want to use? Do you like being flexible and exceeding client expectations – and have a great sense of humor?
Metajive is a results-based, digital marketing and user experience company with a history of growing successful businesses – currently looking for a Senior UX Designer to join our fast-growing team. Metajive combines strategic thinking and emerging technologies to provide innovative solutions that meet and exceed our clients' expectations. Unlike larger groups, we’re responsive and able to provide solutions more quickly.
The candidate must be detail oriented and work well with a team. The Senior UX Designer role is responsible for designing user experiences that solve user pain points and meet business objectives. This job requires an analytical and creative designer who is able to grasp user needs and solve problems. A strong portfolio of successful UX and other technical projects is essential. We love seeing great work, show us what you’ve got!
What you'll be doing:
What you'll be doing:
· Create iterative design documentation, including user journey flows, wireframes, visual designs, detailed behaviors, and design implementation specifications.
· Conduct user research (usability studies, surveys, interviews, etc.) to inform design choices.
· Act as a champion for good user experience, sharing best practices and demonstrating curiosity about customer needs and behaviors.
· Work closely with product managers and engineers iteratively to design, refine, and validate your UX solutions.
· Help us to define a proven approach to discovering and mapping user needs, experiences, and customer journeys.
· Maintain an extremely high bar for usability, quality, and consistency through applying best practice design user-centered design principles.
· Engage in collaboration with your peers, whether in design feedback sessions or in ensuring that you’re all in alignment with larger product goals and initiatives.
· Be a big picture thinker—connect the dots as part of a more extensive system, work with other contributors to ensure you are all in alignment about overall goals and priorities.
· Ensure consistency and clarity by documenting work, including the processes and methods behind solutions (the why’s and how’s), and ensuring the story behind your work is always strong.
· Accelerate team efficiency by improving processes and workflows both within product design and within wider cross-functional product teams.
· Sweat the small stuff—understand that the little details are what make people love a product.
· Be a team player—humble, hardworking, egoless, and willing to roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to help others be successful.
What we're looking for:
· You will have 5-8+ years of experience designing delightful user experiences for a range of responsive web and native mobile apps and a portfolio showing your process and deliverables. We want to see how you approach problems and think through them.
· You have experience developing/consuming component-based design systems.
· You have expertise in Sketch, Figma, XD and other relevant UX/UI design software tools.
· Demonstrated experience designing responsive design patterns and design systems that employ best practice UX and design.
· A strong focus on usability and efficiency with a drive to simplify complex problems.
· Strong information design experience with a solid foundation in UX design heuristics and a user-centered approach to designing software for people.
· Deep understanding of best practice interaction design principles and familiar with accessibility standards.
· Proven ability to maintain attention to detail across project deliverables; management of version control issues.
· A natural ability to build strong relationships—with your team, your manager, and various cross-functional team members.
· A confident design leader, an excellent communicator, and a cross-organizational team player who can thrive in a dynamic, sometimes ambiguous working environment.
· You seek and offer candid and constructive feedback and lean into challenges with curiosity, humility, and a willingness to understand.
· You possess a deep sense of accountability, fostering a high degree of responsibility within your product team.
· You care—which means sometimes putting yourself out there for a customer or a fellow colleague
· You're a cooperative and creative problem-solver.
What we give you:
· Competitive Salary
· Medical benefits
· Paid Holiday & time off
· A really big monitor and a stocked beer fridge
If this sounds like you, reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org